Code of Ethics
CAWS is a non-profit association of commissioned sales representatives dedicated to the professional development of its members. As such, each member of CAWS is guided by the following principles:
- To actively support CAWS and the CAWS affiliated sales representatives’ organizations. To conscientiously endeavour to professionally, diligently and faithfully promote the products and lines represented.
- To engage in the highest level of ethical conduct in dealing with principals, manufacturers, buyers and fellow sales reps.
- To strictly adhere to the letter and spirit of all written agreements.
- To provide reasonable and prior notice of intent to terminate representation of any product or line.
- To undertake no representation of any product or line without full disclosure of all other products and lines.
- To refrain from directly or indirectly seeking representation of any product or line which is currently represented in the territory by another sales representative.
- To clear a line with the previous agent prior to negotiating a contract for the line.